The Print Bindery Operator is responsible for completing all finishing services for printing press and digital copier work in compliance with job specifications and quality standards. This person must schedule workloads to meet customer time requirements. In addition, he or she will perform daily and weekly maintenance on all bindery equipment to ensure optimum output. This person is a vital part of the overall customer service provided and will work closely with other team members. While prior experience is not required, they must demonstrate an interest and willingness to learn, work with equipment and pay careful attention to product quality and customer service.
• High school diploma/GED with experience or vocational/technical certification.
• Familiarity with Challenge cutter, tabletop folding, Duplo collator/booklet maker, Graphic Whizard perf & score machine, tabletop Hasler machines a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Happy to work as a supportive, productive member of a team.
• Eagerness to learn is a must.
• Works in a fast-paced environment where we must meet hard deadlines. Able to schedule their time to meet these deadlines.
• Good mathematical skills.
• Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance.
• Reliable attendance, punctuality and attention to work station.
• Meet or exceed minimum test results as specified by hiring manager.
• Able to routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand constantly (over 2/3 of time), walk frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of time).
• Reliable transportation.
1. Print bindery production equipment operation, materials inventory, shipping, quality control and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain clean and organized bindery production area.
• Participate in production meetings as scheduled.
3. Abide by center policies/procedures as outlined in the employee manual.
4. Secondary Responsibilities.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.
Employment Type – Temporary, Week days 8-5 pm
Experience – Open